Telephone Us: 0191 2654433
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us:
Absolute Luxury Furniture
Newcastle upon tyne
Company No. 6640931
Terms & Conditions
All orders are subject to our terms and conditions (shown below). These conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Conditions of sale
1. "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any other terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
2. "Buyer" means the person or company that buys or agrees to buy the Products from the Seller.
3. "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products will be delivered.
4. "Products" means the goods specified.
5. "Price" means the price for the Products packing, VAT and delivery where applicable.
6. "Seller" means “Absolute Luxury Furniture Ltd”
7. "Consumer" shall be as described in section 12 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
1. These conditions shall not affect the buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
2. The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the products in accordance with any written or verbal quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including orders placed using the Seller’s electronic online ordering service, orders placed via the telephone, facsimile, written or other means. Any such orders will be subject in any case to these conditions. These conditions shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer.
3. Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction if required, without any liability on the part of the Seller.
4. If any provision of these conditions is adjudged invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of those provisions in question shall not be affected.
5. If the Seller is for any reason not able to supply the goods ordered by the Buyer then any sum paid by the Buyer will be refunded or re-credited to your account and the Seller will notify you at the address given by you in your order form and or via electronic mail. The refund will be made as soon as is possible and, in any event, within 28 days of the reason becoming apparent and the Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
Prices and payment
1. The Price shall be as stipulated in the Seller’s published price list current at the date of order of the Products. In any event of any increase in the cost to the Seller of raw materials, labour, overheads, or any increase in taxes or duties, or any variation in exchange rate the Seller may increase the Price payable under the contract upon written notice. If notice of price increase is given by the seller, the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by the seller within seven days of delivery of the notice of price increase to the buyer.
2. Payment in full shall be due at the date of the order being placed.
1. The quantity and description of the Products shall be as set out in the Seller’s order confirmation.
2. The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller’s specification.
3. Photographs are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself.
4. Measurements on all products are approximate and some variation may occur, particularly on hand made and rustic products. Please contact us if you require further information.
5. Please be aware that all furniture has variants of colour and we therefore cannot guarantee exact colour matches. Colour variation can also occur due to the different properties of computer display equipment being used to view the product
Warranties and liability
1. All goods supplied by the Seller come with a manufacturer’s warranty of 12 months.
2. The Seller shall provide the Buyer with any information as is required to claim under the manufacturer’s warranties and this may include providing photographic evidence. In the event of a claim, the Buyer shall first contact the Seller’s customer service department.
3. The Seller does not provide any warranty cover against defects in his own right.
4. Except where the Buyer acts as a Consumer all other warranties, conditions and terms relating to fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality or conditions of the products whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent of the law.
5. Insofar as is permitted by law, our only liability to you under these terms and conditions will be, at our sole discretion, to make good any shortage or non-delivery, to replace or repair any goods which are received by you in a damaged or defective state or to refund to you any sums actually paid by you for the goods in question. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to us and will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in delivering goods or any damage or defect in goods delivered which is caused by any event or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control. Nothing in this Clause affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Delivery, Returns and Cancellations
1. Delivery of the products shall be made by the Seller or his agent notifying the Buyer that the products are available for collection at the Sellers premises or for delivery to such place as the Buyer may specify at the time the order is placed.
2. Normal delivery times are Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm excluding public holidays.
Deliveries at other times are possible by prior arrangement but can incur a surcharge.
3. The Seller shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery.
In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
4. The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
5. Absolute Luxury Furniture Ltd offer a premiere, two man delivery service as standard for all items that are not suitable to be sent via an overnight courier. Delivery addresses in the more remote parts of the country may incur a surcharge which will be calculated at the checkout.
6. For delivery to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scottish Islands and Channel Islands we will deliver to a nominated mainland GB address e.g. a port at our standard delivery rate for that area. The seller shall deliver the goods suitably packaged and in good condition to the forwarding carriers. The seller can not be held responsible for damage that occurs thereafter. Onward shipping from that point is the responsibility of the customer unless prior arrangement is made and confirmed in writing by the Seller with such confirmation outlining any additional costs that this service may incurred that will be met by the Buyer.
7. Where an order contains more than one item, the complete order will be delivered at the same time once all items are available. If it is required to deliver the order in part, the Seller reserves the right to charge for each delivery made until the order is complete.
8. Where a delivery date has been agreed with our carrier but the Buyer isn’t present to receive the delivery we reserve the right to charge the customer a minimum of £25 to cover part of the cost of the failed delivery.
9. An order may be cancelled at any time between the placement of the order and 7 working days following delivery of the goods. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by letter, fax or e-mail.
10.If the Buyer wishes to cancel their purchase for any reason they must do so, in writing by fax, e-mail or letter. Orders cancelled once received into our warehouse will incur a 20% re-stocking charge. Orders cancelled within 7 working days of delivery, must be returned to us in the same condition they were at the time of delivery and in their original packaging at the Buyers expense alternatively Absolute Luxury Furniture Ltd can arrange collection at the cost levied by the carrier. Any monies which have been paid will be refunded within 30 days less the cost of the collection fee and 20% re-stocking charge provided that the Seller receives the goods in the same condition they were at the time of delivery and in their original packaging. Items which are not adequately packaged at the time of collection will not be collected and a charge levied by the carrier to cover the cost of a failed collection. Please note this does not apply to items of upholstery where there is a 50% cancellation/returns fee unless the order is cancelled within 7 days of placement. For items that are specially commissioned or ordered in non standard sizes and/or colours we require full payment when placing the order and these items can not be cancelled or returned.
11. Mattresses can only be returned if they are unopened. Mattresses which have been opened and slept on cannot be returned. If you wish to test a mattress please keep it wrapped until you are sure you want to keep it.
12. Upon delivery an adult must be available at the address to check and acknowledge receipt in a safe and satisfactory condition.
13. Any damages, shortages or discrepancies must be notified in writing to our customer services department within 24 hrs.
Self Assembly Products
1. Furniture and products for self assembly are to be assembled by the Buyer unless prior arrangement is made with the Seller.
2. If Self assembly products are to be returned they must be unused and in their original packaging and cannot be returned once assembled or part assembly has taken place.
3. Any shortages or damage to self assembly products should be notified to our customer services department. The replacement components will be supplied not the entire product.
Acceptance of products
1. Other than where the Buyer acts as a Consumer the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products 7 working days after delivery to the Buyer.
2. After acceptance the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Products which are not in accordance with the contract.
Title and risk
1. Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
2. Notwithstanding any other provision herein title in the Products shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or clear funds payment in full.
3. The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy on the Seller) immediately become due and payable.
1. Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of power at the Seller’s premises or its manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
2. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under the conditions shall be in writing and in the case of notices to the Seller, addressed to the Seller at its registered office or in the case of notices to the Buyer, at the Buyer’s address as provided to the Seller.
Any personal information collected from you is held in accordance with our registration at the Data Commissioner's office. This data is only used for the following purposes.
The processing and fulfilment of your order.
To give us statistics to allow us to improve your shopping experience.
The administration of the website and its facilities.
To keep you informed of special offers and products of interest to you at your consent.
The headings of the Clauses in these conditions are intended for reference only and will not affect the construction of these conditions.
Representations: No statement, description, warranty condition or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list or advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the Agents or Employees of the Seller shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way thereof any of these conditions.
Additional costs: The Buyer agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by the Seller through the Buyers instructions or lack of instructions or through failure or delay in taking delivery or through any acts or default on the part of the Buyer, its servants, agents or employees.
Proper law of contract
This Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy howsoever arising determined exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.